Training & Instruction Experience
Walter S. Email: email@example.com
Senior Engineer RPM (Englobal) Engineering, Baton Rouge, LA (1994-2003)
Senior Instrumentation Engineer, AMEC Engineering, Inc., Baton Rouge, LA (1988 - 1994).
- Produced series of basic instrumentation, PLC and DCS training video tapes.
- Co-author of "Re-Instrumentation of an Existing Ammonia Plant." Paper presented at the 1996 meeting of the Gulf Coast Ammonia Producers Association
- Prepared training documentation and trained personnel in operation of a 1200# boiler for Star Refinery
- Trained plant personnel at Crown Vantage paper mill in use of Bailey WinTools for a Bailey Net 90 Distributed Control System.
- Prepared training documentation and trained personnel in use of Honeywell Quick Builder and Control Builder software for configuration of a Honeywell Plantscape Distributed Control System.
- Supervised team of four engineers to prepare hot cutover procedures for DCS and Emergency Shutdown Systems for a refinery upgrade in Saudi Arabia.
Certified Instructor, Cajun Clickers Computer Club(1999-2003)
American Society of Safety Engineers by presenting information on anti-virus protection for computers.
Co-taught 8 hour workshop "Introduction To Power Point" for Louisiana Engineering Society. Participants of workshop received 8 Professional Development Hours to be applied towards their Professional Engineering license renewal.
Presented workshops on various computer topics ranging from beginner to intermediate. Subjects included Microsoft Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Virus Protection, Music on the PC, Computer Graphics & Digital Photography, Computer Optimization.
Created users guides and course handouts as part of presentations.
Wrote instructional and informational articles for the Cajun Clickers newsletter. Co-host of the Cajun Clickers Radio Show on WJBO.
Currently responsible for club instructor certification program.
- Participated in Professional Development Conference for members of the
Return To S&M Main